Sophisticated, fun and sometimes silly, these nine adult birthday party table decoration ideas will absolutely impress your guests! Whether it’s a gilded affair you’re after or a throwback ’90s theme, these table decor ideas will up your adult birthday game big time.
Gold and Brass
Eye-catching but decidedly elegant, the soft warmth of gold and brass paired with the coolness of silver creates a sophisticated birthday table decor.
A flower arrangement of gold and mauve roses, starflower-scabiosa seed heads, and silvery begonia leaves unify a table set with a combination of gold-toned flatware and galvanized-metal accents. Yardage of netted cloth acts as an inexpensive, no-sew runner. Martha Stewart
As if out of thin air, candleholders appear where balloons used to be. The trick: Blow the balloons up, then brush on a glittery glue mixture. Once they dries, pop and discard the balloons—leaving behind shells you can paint on the inside.
They make dazzling centerpieces for your table decor, especially when clustered with glitter-dusted pillar candles (use a coat of transfer adhesive) and paired with silver dip-dyed linens. Martha Stewart
The inspiration for this lavish, glinting table comes from Russia, with love.
Paper lanterns are spray-painted gold to resemble the gilded onion domes of the Kremlin, and votive candleholders are wrapped in ornate papers, calling to mind walls of icons. Much of the glitz and glamour comes from nothing more than embossed wallpaper, spray paint, craft punches, and paper lanterns—so you can toast to the year's riches without spending a lot. Martha Stewart
Falling for Pretty Pastels
How pretty are these soft apricot colors and pops of light orange?
A simple grouping of pretty arrangements and some pumpkins–they make a simple table runner that’s so pretty and perfect for early fall birthday celebrations. Simple touches like a stalk of wheat tucked into the napkin or a scattering of acorns really gives you that fall feel. Finding Lovely
If you’re looking for a bold statement to dress up your birthday party table the Yummy Mini-Butler delivers! Your birthday girl will be thrilled when she walks in and sees the show-stopping centerpiece on the table. We’ll leave it up to you whether you mention you set it up in under 60 seconds.
The gorgeous banner stretches over 3 feet long and looks fabulous paired with the gleaming stainless steel of our Anywhere Banner stand. The banner stand rises over 21” tall, which we found to be the perfect height for fabulous birthday photos. We added a luxurious satin bow to each side of the stand for an extra bit of sweetness.
Alice in Wonderland Tea Party
Grab your key and unlock the door this Alice in Wonderland Tea Party; it’s full of adorable ideas to explore. From the beautiful garden decorations to the cute sweets and cakes, this event is darling, make no mistake! Kara’s Party Ideas
Favorite party ideas + elements include:
- Alice in Wonderland Cakes
- Clock and Bloom Tea Table Centerpiece
- Alice in Wonderland-inspired Greenery Canopy
- Eclectic Chairs + Tea Table Settings
- Lace-covered Floral Linens
- Garden-inspired Dessert Table Backdrop
- Alice in Wonderland Themed Cupcakes + Cake Pops
This table scape uses vibrant shades of berry and tangerine and layered serape blankets for a sophisticated spin on a Mexican-inspired fiesta.
This casual – yet super stylish – vibe and every last little detail from the pink rim of the napkins to the aisle of tall jarred candles impresses. The combination of berry, tangerine, and blue shades in the color palette echo the changing seasons – they hung on to those bright summer colors but used them in more muted tones. Fun, relaxed, and perfect for transitioning into fall where the evenings are just a little bit brisk. Inspired by This
Perfect for an adult brunch birthday party and at night the sparkle of all the gold would make it so festive and beautiful!
A mix of vintage glasses, some with little bits of color, to keep the table playful. When you’re dressing your table, look around your home (inside and out) to find things you can add to it. This keeps it fresh and allows a bit of change without an investment. Incorporate dried flowers in the desert, little bowls of nuts, and a couple of vases. The clear glassware on this table makes it a bit more casual and perfect for the average adult birthday party. The vintage flatware works perfectly for either setting and the napkins, plates and dried desert flowers were also used in both. A House in The Hills
Start your adult brunch birthday party with a mimosa (or two), a giant cup of coffee, some cinnamon rolls, a house full of friends and, of course, a DIY project! Style up your table with timelessly on-trend and light-hearted pink, and step up the decor with these DIY studded napkin rings.
DIY ’90s-Themed Napkin Rings
Materials and Tools:
- faux leather in pale pink tone
- fabric glue
- 30 gold studs or beads (we used 10x three different styles for variety)
- 6 sets of snaps
- Cut the piece of faux leather into 6 strips measuring 1 x 8 inches. This will fit most standard napkins when they’re rolled. Place each set of beads onto your faux leather strips.
- Glue each bead into place with fabric glue. Press and hold to make sure they stick!
- Turn the strips over and glue one side of the snap into place.
- Turn back over and glue the other side of the snap onto the front side at the opposite end of the strip. Don’t worry about spacing the snap evenly with your gold stud beads. The snap is not visible!
- Place around your rolled napkins and snap into place like a choker necklace, and your table is ready.
- Cut the piece of faux leather into six strips measuring 1 x 8 inches. This will fit most standard napkins when they’re rolled. Place each set of beads onto your faux leather strips.
- Glue each bead into place with fabric glue. Press and hold to make sure they stick! Then turn the strips over and glue one side of the snap into place. Turn back over and glue the other side of the snap onto the front side at the opposite end of the strip. Don’t worry about spacing the snap evenly with your gold stud beads. The snap is not visible! Place around your rolled napkins and snap into place like a choker necklace, and your table is ready!
So easy, yet they add so much to the table. Get your table all set up! Brit and Co.
Every guest coming to the party will gaze their eyes on the decoration at the center of the table in awe an instantly feel more festive. That’s why table decorations are important aspects of any birthday party. At Birthday Butler we always strive to make your centerpiece banners extra special. After all they’re handmade in the USA!