10 Easy DIY Adult Birthday Party Favors for Women
3 months ago
Party favors shouldn’t end with grade school, but goodie bags filled with stickers and candy might not cut it for the adult crowd. Today you’re in luck! We’ve compiled 10 fabulous DIY birthday party favors for adults that you can make regardless of your skill level.
Share the love by giving fun handmade party favors to your guests. Our list of clever DIY party favor ideas has something for every birthday party theme!
Candied fruit peel party favors
Send partygoers home with something sweet: The bright, tangy fruit looks adorable when packed in mini glass jars and tied with a bow. Bonus: The cute favors double as décor-set them atop your party table for a pretty pop of color. via BHG.com
Cookies party favors
Here's a tasty takeaway for friends: lemon-thyme shortbread cookies. Cut the dough into cute scalloped shapes, bake, and tuck into "berry-stained" muslin bags. via BHG.com
Hair bow party favors
Give your fabulous friends a gift that's fit to be tied: a bow, of course! Start with their favorite color of fabric, then add glitzy gold ribbon to really glam them up. via BHG.com
- 1-3/8 x 7-1/2-inch wool felt strip
- 1-3/8 x 4-inch wool felt strip
- 1-5/8 x 2-1/2-inch wool felt rectangle
- 7 x 3/4-inch glitter ribbon (optional)
- Hot-glue gun and glue sticks
- Metal alligator hair clip
- Hot-glue the short ends of the 1-3/8 x 7-1/2-inch wool felt strip together making a loop.
- Pinch loop in center, centering glued seam at back; hot-glue front and back together to make loops.
- Cut a V-shape notch on each end of the 1-3/8 x 4-inch wool felt strip using scissors. Hot-glue pinched portion of bow loops to center top of notched wool strip.
- Wrap the 1-5/8 x 2-1/2-inch wool felt piece around center of bow and hot-glue on back.
- Hot-glue a metal alligator hair clip to the back of the bow.
Herb pot party favors
Give guests party favors that will continue to grow with them at home with these adorable mini herb gardens. For added benefit include recipes inside the potted plants that include their new herbs along with a note of gratitude for attending. via DIYNetwork
Dried herb wreaths
There's nothing more fragrant than fresh herbs. Show them off with mini wreaths that are meant to be hung and dried. This easy adult party favor starts with a plain wire wreath form. Use floral wire to twist on sprigs of fresh herbs, and add a sweet tag. Guests can snip and use the herbs right away, or dry them for year-round flavor. via BHG.com
Macaron pop party favors
Guests will happily munch on these macaron pops as they reminisce on the way home from your party. Simply insert lollipop sticks into purchased macaron and wrap in velum envelopes. Feeling ambitious? Make them yourself! via BHG.com
Herb rub party favors
Spice up your party with jars filled with a custom herb rub. Buy glass or tin containers at a crafts store. Adorn them with paper and twine attached using double-stick tape. Mix up our herb rub recipe and add it to the containers. Tie a string or ribbon and an identifying tag around the middle. Include an ingredients list and directions for use so friends and family can cook with confidence. You can even stack them up as a table centerpiece! via BHG.com
Chocolate cookie butter party favors
Skip the store and whip up a batch of homemade cookie butter. Fill small jars and add a handwritten label. Party guests will love dipping their favorite fruits, cookies, and even pretzels in this creamy dip. Make the DIY party favor even more special by including a copy of the recipe—they'll want it! via BHG.com
Tea kit party favors
Guests will think warm thoughts when they brew a customized tea blend.
- Spoon store-bought loose-leaf teas into individual heat-seal ing tea bags.
- Insert a length of decorative twine, centering it in the bag opening.
- Press the edge of the bag with an iron to seal. Print or write the name of the tea or a personal message on small tags.
- Glue the tag to the end of the twine.
- Tuck the tea bags inside a with a few honey sticks to complete the party favor.
Pinecone fire starters
Pinecones find new life when dipped in soy wax and essential oils. Whether it’s the ladies using the fire starters to cozy up by the fireplace with a great new book or the men tossing them in the fire pit out back and bringing the man cave outside – these pine cone fire starters really do have mass appeal! via Something Turquoise
Party favors should be as unique as your guests are. If you think something could work as a party favor or seems just right for your unique, quirky crew – don’t be afraid to try it. The greatest gift you’re getting at a party is time spent with friends. From food and drinks to plants and other notions – there’s a party favor that is best suited for your party and friends. Explore the possibilities (favors as table centerpiece) and dive into some fun DIY projects from the list above.
Trouble finding the right decorations for your next adult birthday party celebration? Well, we might be a little useful to your situation. Banners are excellent party decorations. Birthday Butler’s banners are all thoughtfully handmade just for you! Explore our centerpiece collection made in the USA today.