5 min read
A few summers ago, a friend hosted a “big” birthday party for me. It was awesome!
(If someone asks if they can host something in honor of your birthday, please say yes! You’ll be glad you did. 🥳)
There were two things i'll never forget about that night:
1. How wonderful it was to spend time with friends from different parts of my life (work, kids, gym...)
2. What a huge hit the pineapple martinis were!
If you’re looking for a fun and easy way to make a big impact at your next birthday party, I’ve got two words for you:
Signature cocktail (or mocktail, if you’d prefer something non-alcoholic.)
Keep reading or jump directly to a section by clicking on the link:
Here are 8 reasons to serve a signature cocktail at your next birthday gathering, including:
Not sure which festive cocktail to make? We can help!
These Bourbon Milkshakes were silly delicious! (Watch video.)
You've heard the saying, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."
The same can be said of what makes something memorable.
Signature drinks can be memorable for a variety of reasons, including:
Festive Birthtinis. Perhaps for a 50th birthday party? (Watch here.)
While I'm not much of a bartender, I'm a sucker for cute.
I've made lemon drops and served them with lit birthday candles standing upright. (Watch video...and don't miss the last few seconds where I end up wearing the cocktail!) Recipe below.
I've decorated the rim of a martini glass with cake frosting and sprinkles. (Watch here.) Recipe below.
I've made bourbon milkshakes in ice cream cones that were so delicious I found myself quite tipsy during the middle of the day. (Watch here.)Recipe below.
I've also used blue chai tea powder to create a deep purplish blue liquid and then added it to other ingredients, including vodka. While I gave myself an A for effort, the end result was not ready for prime time. (Instead, check out this post and learn the right way to do it.)
As long as you make the signature cocktail something that the birthday person will enjoy, you're sure to please.
Still not sure what to make? Here's the recipe for pineapple martinis from my friend, followed by recipes for the other drinks mentioned.
*** For best flavor, plan to start making martinis ~2 weeks before your event. ***
1. Start by dipping the empty cones into warmed chocolate ganache or chocolate frosting. Immediately put sprinkles on so they will stick.
2. Place a scoop of vanilla ice cream into each cone and top with a shot of Screwball.
3. Add some whipped cream and a cherry to each.
Serve the sundaes with a small spoon. Some guests may want to enjoy as is, but the spoons definitely help you to enjoy all the yummy flavors.
The whipped cream melts FAST. Serve as soon as possible!
Save this recipe for an adults only party to make sure the kiddos don't think it's for them! 😀
Ingredients for 4 cocktails:
1. Start by prepping your glasses. Melt the white frosting in the microwave and then swirl the top of each glass into it. Add sprinkles.
2. Fill a large cocktail shaker with ice and then add vodka, triple sec, cranberry cocktail and fresh lime. Shake ingredients to chill.
3. Strain ingredients into your festive glasses. Add a splash of seltzer to the top and stir gently.
The colder the better! 🥳
Wondering why the seltzer? Cosmos are very strong and adding a bit of seltzer lets your guests ease into the party.
Your birthday drink should be your favorite drink. 🥳
We're so glad you're here! Birthday Butler helps make celebrating easier and more convenient.
Get great party ideas & gift ideas delivered to your inbox every weekend!