8 DIY Birthday Gifts for Mom from Daughter
Whether it's for your mom, grandmother, aunt, or any of the other special moms in your life, these DIY birthday gifts are the perfect idea for a kind gesture this year.
Flexing your crafty, creative skills with mom’s birthday gift allows you to truly customize your gift, adding an extra dose of thoughtfulness as you design something that’s perfect for her. From gorgeous colorful stone soap ideas to a herb garden kit, there's something in here that will suit any style. Explore eight gorgeous DIY birthday gift ideas for moms from daughters.
Stone Soap and Gift Labels
- Clear glycerin soap base
- Soap colorants
- Optional: Silicone mold
- Avery Print-to-the-Edge Round Labels (#22807)
DIY Scent Diffuser
So if you’re looking for a last-minute gift idea that you can easily make at home, why not make this DIY scent diffuser in a gilded glass bottle. The nice thing about this is that you can make your diffuser using whatever essential oils you like.
- metallic gold spray paint
- small glass bottle with narrow opening and small cork (about 7-12 oz. bottle will work well)
- 6-10 bamboo skewers
- painters or washi tape
- rubbing alcohol or acetone
- 1 bottle almond oil
- 1 bottle orange essential oil
- 1 bottle clove essential oil
DIY Lip balm locket
If your mom is a lip balm addict, she probably has them spread all over her place—her purse, her car, her nightstand … well, I bet you didn’t know that you can create a lip balm that your mom can wear and have with her at all times!
- 2 tablespoons beeswax pellets
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (use refined if you don’t want a coconut smell mixed in with your fragrance)
- 5 drops of cinnamon leaf essential oil (don’t use cinnamon bark oil on your skin, so make sure it’s cinnamon leaf)
- craft locket, chain, and jump ring to make a long necklace (or you can get one that’s already put together)
- double boiler or glass heat-proof bowl and saucepan
- pourable container with a spout
DIY Whipped Body Butter
This homemade body butter is the perfect way to love your mom even more on her birthday. The body butter is smooth and creamy, smells amazing and is all natural!
- 1/2 cup unrefined shea butter
- 1/4 cup organic, virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of liquid oil (jojoba oil, almond oil, fractionated coconut oil, olive oil or a combination of these)
- 12 drops lavender essential oil
- 8 drops frankincense essential oil
- 5 drops geranium essential oil
- glass jar with lid
DIY Herb Garden Kit
One of the best gifts to give a homemaker is a gift that sparks creativity and makes the ordinary feel enjoyable. This DIY herb garden kit gift box is a great way to encourage our lovely moms to be creative and incorporate home grown herbs into tasty new dishes!
- Test tubes
- Herb seeds
- Label maker
- Wooden box
- Small wooden craft sticks
DIY Faux Marble Tray
Discover an easy way to transform a piece of wood and turn it into an affordable faux marble tray!
- A smooth flat piece of wood or particle board (size of your choosing)
- Handles and matching screws that fit the dimensions of your board
- Drill and drill bit (for making holes and then screwing in handles)
- Marble contact paper
DIY Flower Gift Box
Discover how it easy it is to make a personalized gift box with her favorite flowers.
- 2 boxes with lids (1 large, 1 small)
- floral foam
- foil or plastic sheeting
- fresh flowers
- spray paint (optional)
DIY Essential Oil + Soy Wax Sachets
These pretty little wax sachets have pretty little dried flowers pressed into them, but they’re understated enough to display in mom’s well-appointed home all year round. A healthy dose of lavender essential oil is added to the batch so they release a bit of delicious scent in her car, her bookshelf or in her lingerie drawer throughout the day.
- metal can to use as a double boiler (we just pulled one from Joanna’s recycling bin & rinsed it out)
- baking sheet
- skewer (or some type of disposable stirrer)
- soy wax
- essential oil
- dried flowers
- silicone molds
However you want to celebrate Mom’s birthday and the special women in your life this year, you're sure to make their hearts full with one of these meaningful DIY birthday gifts they'll cherish forever.
Trouble finding the right decorations for your mom’s birthday party celebration? Well, we might have a solution to your problem. Centerpiece banners are excellent party decorations. Birthday Butler’s banners are all thoughtfully handmade just for you! Explore our table centerpiece decor for all milestone birthdays and special occasions and they are all made in the USA!